Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, July 31, 2008

Alicia and Marcus: Wedding


It all started with an sms blooper. She thought he was a priest in the making, and wondered why would he be wanting to seek a relationship? And he puzzled over why she would be so 'rude' were his words. The audience threw out a hearty chuckle, and the happy bride and groom looked at each other in nostalgic amusement after explaining the first moment that serendipty threw them together. For despite the lack of sparks, between them at the start, life certainly had other plans. For this is how their union became complete:

"You complete me Alicia. You complete me on so many levels, that I think it is going to take the rest of my life to find each and every one of them". While admitting it was corny, he professed it was every bit the truth. And the way he beamed at her without a hint of embarrassment, only radiated that truth clearer, and demonstrated the depth of their love.

Marcus and Alicia celebrated the start of their married life together over a 3-day affair that included a fusion of the west and the east...a church ceremony at Holy Rosary Church in Brickfields KL, 2 asian banquets (one at Saujana Hotel, the other at One Bangsar Ballroom), and the 3rd banquet in a modern intimate restaurant called Zipangu in Shangri-la KL. It really is a MONSTER post, so beware :) Sorry there are so many photos, but you have been warned ;)

So here we go :) My favourite from the day celebrations!








I LOVE it when brides splash colour through their big day in little ways like this :)









This probably has to be one of my favourite shots of the day. This was completely candid. We did a series of similar shots after she put on her veil and posed Alicia, but this candid one still remained my favourite.


The gorgeous church.











Love this moment. The joy expressed through it is just priceless.







Cute private moments always catch my eye. I love being allowed to photograph them!






Some quick portraits. We literally had about 15 or 20mins!







The energetic tea ceremony session :)









And here is what we got during all the feasting/night events! :)







The speeches were hilarious! I caught myself laughing a few times!! :p





And not forgetting the reception details!! Mmmmm... we all know how much I LOVE details and colour at weddings. Brides, you know how to make your photographer happy *hint hint* :p










And another quick stint of a portraits session where we shot for about 10 to 15 mins in the restaurant!


Shot right in the middle of the kitchen... haha! Pity all the cooks cleared off.




And here is where Marcus' words got to Alicia. She broke down in tears. I thought it was really moving. Two things will always get to me at weddings... (1) Emotion, and (2) Colour/details. So brides, if your wedding is full of this, I'm in wedding photography heaven! :D






There are TONNES, and I mean TONNES more photos in the slideshow, so enjoy playing it below! :)



Huge thanks to Joshua and Edwin for helping me shoot this wedding! And to the bride and groom - thank you for the honor and trust in letting me put your memories to film (or sensor in this case :p). I hope some of these images bring back the joy you felt on your wedding day. Have a FABULOUS time in Hawaii!!


11 comments:

Linda Truong said...

JENNYYY! These are gorgeous! And you know how I feel about your images... But woo! I love it! ^_^ I can really see the emotion in the photographs...

This was definitely well worth the wait!

astherlau said...

Oh gosh... I love love love the details! U sure were in heaven dat day huh!

Yes! The church is AMAZING! And you captured what is most important beautifully... the emotions of the people sharing the memorable moments with the love birds.

edwin said...

ya, worth for the waiting!!!! great images!!! touching!

Joanna said...

WOw the details!!!!! I also LOVE the composite one where you put the strawberries, chocolates and little delicate cakes together. Man, that's drool-worthy yumyums!

THe bouquet is BEAUTIFUL :)

Anna-Rina said...

Maaaaannnn, I feel like going for some strawberries now after checking out the pics ;)

Awesome shots woman! And I love, love how the groom was looking at his bride as if in shock when she was tearing. Heheh...so cute.

eric said...

lovely photos. love the colours. haha... and you had to say it. "memories to film (or sensor in this case :p)"

KURT AN said...

simple.nice

Jodi McDonald said...

Never get tired of looking at your work Jenny - truly lovely as always. Gee 3 days - looks like a great couple.

Julie Lim said...

You are so gonna take my wedding pics!

Marcus said...

Thaks for taking our wedding shots....it was great job well done! See you soon. Off to Hawaii!!

youna said...

the bride reminds me of ayumi the jpop singer! in some of the bw shots in particular..:D
I liked the random locations eg the kitchen.. and the food is mm yum!
:D