Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sydney

I could write a whole tale about my happenings in Sydney.. but you know that cliched saying 'a picture says a thousand words"? well... here are my 30,000++++ words :p

Enjoy my postcards from Sydney and the accompanying captions!!

I adore japanese food. If anyone ever wants to get on my good side, or treat me a meal - japanese will do it. Seriously :) I went to Yutaka on one of my first nights with Vincy (see the photo below to put a face to the name! ) who happens to be a good friend of mine, and a photography enthusiast! Pity, we both agreed that the food AND portions at Yutaka left us wanting....

Vincy! :) See, hang out with me for an afternoon, or even for an hour, and its likely you'll get a free portrait! haha :D

Their Miso soup was good though! I thought it was fantastic to have it on that day as the evening ended up FREEZING cold!

Yutaka's dumplings were also yummy! But portions were disappointing - they were so good we wished they had given us more!! haha :)

Vincy was cool enough to spend the afternoon showing me around the campus of UNSW to get some funky architectural shots. I took the above shot to remind myself of the gorgeous light we had that afternoong - believe me, it was rare during my stay.


The first of many architectural shots. I love weird patterns, lines, and textures. Anything that looks abstract, will catch my eye. Including the above. Enjoy the following architectural shots!


This blue was NOT fake. The raw file was very very blue as it was. I just tinkered with the contrast and thats it. Promise.


Another funky wall!! There were soooo many of them on the campus.


UNSW had alot of strange structures around the place. The above 3 balls were cute. Loved them! :)


There's that sunset again! not a particularly interesting shot, subject wise, but I took it to show that yummy light, is always more important than yummy composition. In fact, its the light that will either make or break your photo.


More walls :) Aren't I boring! haha....


The quadrangle lawn area... it was so pretty!




This yellow cast in the above shot was caused by the setting sun, shining directly on it.


I swear, these colours are natural. Remember how i said in my 2nd last post that I saw skies so blue in sydney, it almost hurt to look?! Well, this is what I was talking about :)


The last bit of the setting sun, peeping through the crevices of the buildings.


Check out the angle!! I got a headache from the position my head was in trying to get this shot! no, seriously.




I fell in love with this wall as soon as my eyes saw it. If you dont know me, i love the venacular and all things urban. This screamed just that! :)


The above shot was taken as I was walking to meet a client near circular quay. I totally LOVE sun flare so when I saw it peeping through the trees, I couldnt help but stop and shoot it. Again, subject wise its not an interesting shot, but the light is just amazing!! Thank you God for beautiful Sydney light! :)


They were hanging these all around Sydney... the orange flags. I took photos of them just to prove i was in Sydney... hahaha... Sad huh? :p


I met up with an old friend, at De Niro's (North Sydney). She was so awesome and shouted me that pasta I ordered. I took this photo to remind me of her generosity :) I also took a photo of her, except she'd probably very unhappy if I posted it up! haha...


This was what the weather MOSTLY looked like while I was in Sydney. 15 degrees, cold, wet, dark....I got told it was warm just before I came, and then it was warm again just after I left. I'm starting to think it was me... hmmmmm!!


I finished shooting a wedding on Saturday, and after it was over, I was walking by the quay/harbour and this is what I saw. Sydney harbour is amazing at night and by day... You just have to see it for yourself to know what I mean :) I didnt stay long to shoot due to the winter temps that night!

I shot this the same time as the previous photo. This is my attempt at a handheld capture of the harbour bridge at night. It wasn't easy!


The Rocks Markets.... its a place full of colour, warmth, buzzing atmosphere and almost always full of people. I dont ever buy anything from it, but I do love walking through it whenever I get the chance. Who wouldn't? its right by the harbour, situated near the most beautiful vintage area in Sydney, and surrounded by awesome places to eat!


What did I tell you? its always full of people!!


More people at the Rocks Markets :)


I was at the Rocks to meet up with a client, but also to celebrate a friend's birthday at Pancakes on the Rocks (its a 24 hour pancake place, and its ALWAYS full - people line up by the hoards to get into this place. Why? Just check out the food above and below for a sample). It tastes even better than it looks :) Thanks Bert for sharing with me that day so I could taste 2 dishes haha... and happy 23rd for that day jo!


Man, this dessert has CHOCOLATE pancakes. Never tried? You're seriously missing out!


The girls I was with that lovely afternoon :)


I passed by this building hundreds of times while I was at uni... never really noticed it til the day I had to go to the Marriage registry of NSW. It was amazingly vintage!! And the colours were fantastic! :)


Look at its awesome door!


Here is the intersection I crossed (or RAN, because I was always late for my trains home haha) so many times when I was in uni, to get to Central Station (central station is where that big clock tower is).


Another place I passed by alot when I was in uni. It always looked interesting but I never thought to photograph it until now. I love the name of the shop! hehe :) Check out the below pics for more of this row of shops....The sun was lovely.. right bam smack in the middle of the day too!


yeah yeah, locks. Not a new concept to photograph, I know. But I couldn't help myself, and I thought the wooden texture behind it was cool :)


I have ALWAYS been attracted by the rusty, dirty, and urban.... graffiti included. This just looked cool in my eyes. The yellow just did it :)




I took it just for the sign that read 'pitt street' - its a street I frequent alot in Sydney mainly cos its near a whole lot of shops I love. This sign happened to be on the corner of an old post office. Compositionally I found it funny to just contrast the old of it, with the new (ie. the clearway sign). Sydney has alot of that.


More old mixed with the new. Its part of why I love photographing in Sydney. It has just enough modern-ness, but not too much so that it feels sterile. It still has tonnes of character :)


Signs... Sydney has like a billion of them. Seriously, when you are there, you will find them EVERYWHERE... in every nook and cranny. Anywhere where there is space or reason for it. Look at the above. 4 signs just to clarify when you can and can't park.


Sign to tell you, you are being watched by street surveillance cameras, when you can park, when the spot is a loading zone, and that further up the street there is more parking. Thats Sydney for you.


Street signs in the city look like this. I just took the above shot because it was a street I used to walk past alot. Its perpendicular to George and Pitt St :)


The new shopping square in Sydney. The above shot is its entrance. I love its futuristic look! :)


Central station. Platform 16 (which takes you up the northshore - which is where my church is in Sydney). I take plaform 18 if I want to go home. There are more than 20 platforms at this one station. I love that this station still has character. Many around Sydney have undergone renovation (which is a good thing cos its much needed, but the old rustic sites have gone).

1 comments:

wong ik bing said...

hi jenny, may i know which lens you used to take those wide angle shots? i love those wide + bokeh + sun flare = yummy..!

not sure you'll get back to me or not, this post has been posted for some time..