Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More postcards from Sydney

The humming grind of the machine saturated the air surrounding my ears...what followed was only familiar sensory contentment...a buzzing incomprehendable murmuring as a result of the cocktail of conversations all around, the coffee beans that had been laboriously granulated had been aromatically transformed into this warm, pungent, sweet-bitterness wafting through the noses of the people in the room, while my eyes poured over the scruffy hand-written lines of the day's menu. Choice. There was an overwhelming supply of it. It's funny how everything edible seems to wear an attractive costume whenever our stomachs switch into hunger mode.

I love cafes. The atmosphere lingers comfortably within the homebody side of my personality... And no, I'm not talking about the commercialized never ending retail chains such as starbucks... I'm talking about those quaint little shops on the side of the street, those cafes that have neatly laid out chairs and round tables outside, those cafes that still showcase their daily menus on chalkboards...those are the ones with character :)

Sorry to all the KL-ians out there (I had to make up this name - I know it makes me look like a total dork, but.... oh well :p) but I have to say that the Sydney cafe lifestyle is just amazing. And the food (if you pick the right ones) are nothing less as well :) Of course, Malaysia kicks some serious butt in the asian food department. We Sydney-siders bow down to the awesomeness of KL's local culinary offerings.

But that aside, check out some of the cafe's I've been to and what they serve!! Unlike a lot of menus we see today, these portions are as big as they look :D And please, no drooling... ;)






Don't worry, this is by NO MEANS turning into a food blog. And NO, i do not always photograph what I eat... I do enjoy the food and the company more :) Anyhow, I have a TONNE of portrait + wedding photos to share with you, but I figured while you are waiting in the meantime (sorry, my schedule has just been nutters as of late - but I am trying my very best to keep my blogging up), instead of having no entries, you can at least fill up with this instead! :)

And just because I feel like it, here are some other shots from my sydney travels + a secret: all shots taken in this entry were taken with a humble canon ixus point and shoot! I just wanted to show you all its NOT always about the camera/lens we use to get a shot... so, dont feel you need to be a gearhead to get some shots you are happy with. Great lighting+composition will never be replaced by any $30,000 camera (not that having it is a bad thing)! :)

This is part of the interiors of the Queen Victoria Building (on George St). Its really stunning, if you stop to look. Sydneysiders probably see this everyday, but I guess living across two countries gives one a fresh set of eyes to see what you don't live with day in day out. yay! :)




You will never see sunsets like this in KL. The colours lasted about 2 minutes before they changed (you get like 15 minutes of glorious light, 2 minutes of glorious colour before everything turns into a mere wisp of what it was). Oh, and trust me, these colours are for real. I did not alter them - only contrast + curves were added. Nature is fantastic!! :D

------------------------

ps: I will reply emails soon. Sorry for the delay - the next week or so is incredibly busy. There is alot happening, but I promise to write back as soon as I get a moment to sit down. It wont be too long! :) Oh, and happy wednesday to all of you out there. Middle of the week vibes are in!! Not long before we get greeted with another weekend to live out. Take care everyone! :)

0 comments: