Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sydney: Monday

Sorry, this post was meant to go up on Monday, but my trip has been so packed!!! This is probably the first chance I've had to get online to write a morsel of anything, and on top of that, Im not using my own computer because my laptop has decided to get VERY VERY sick :( So I'm sorry for the slow reply to emails, and erratic blog posts til I get back to some form of settled routine. Much love for your wonderful understanding!! :)
-----------------------------------

8 hours of transit across the Indian ocean, a mere handful of hours of sleep, and 20kg of packed baggage had now been left behind me. What currently stood in front was a state of acute exhaustion, ice-tipped toes, and a sense of nervous excitement.

It was good to be on home soil again… Sydney soil that is. Granted, I have two homes now, that familiar scent of homeliness still always greets me with its snug nostalgic arms as I step into those doors… that house… my room.

While the air bit gnawingly at my skin with its unforgiving cold cloak today, blowing my frazzled curls into a chaotic state, I pondered over what would await me over the next few days. The weather was unexpected, for sure… What happened to spring? Did winter push her out of the way and refuse to let her reign as she was supposed to? Because the frostiness of winter’s breath was kissing at my unprepared Malaysian-climatized cheeks causing the red to flee from under my skin.

It didn’t matter though – the cold didn’t stamp out the wonderful first day I had back on home territory. I saw new and familiar faces, drank in the sights of old and changed places, enjoyed the experience of eating fresh gourmet sandwiches with ROCKET LETTUCE (wow, I love this stuff) again, and celebrated the fact that God graciously allows me to live across two countries that are beautiful in their own strange and quirky ways.

I’m sorry I don’t have photos to share today. I forgot to bring out my camera in my rush out of the house, and while it’s normally married to my side – my fatigue took over my memory’s ability to excel today – so I only have some rather sad looking shots taken of George street at 630pm from my camera phone when the sky decided to spit rain from above. Maybe I’ll share later if I am in the mood to put out photos that define the word ‘pixelated’ [update: I've decided to share!!]. For now, I’m resting my head in preparation for another huge day tomorrow.

Camera comes with me this time :)

0 comments: