Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Bisou

The clock had just tipped its hands past 12, spilling slowly over into the afternoon act of the day.

It wasn't how I knew it to be. Doors were closed, chairs were stacked up on tables, and life had decided to temporarily flee the scene. There were of course the odd passerbys, and a stray cat plodding tediously over the warm concrete paths. It was as if the entire street embodied a completely different facade while the sun displayed its full golden brilliance to the world planted below it. Instead of the ceaseless crowds of people saturating the pavements and the cacophony of engines, laughter, shouting, heels against cement, and drumming beats permeating the night air, today at this point in time, it was very still.

Asian Heritage Row was abnormally peaceful.

While most would grace this road with their presence after sundown, my feet stepped into its paved mouth while light was still in excessive abundance. I knew however, it would soon undergo its regular metamorphosis as soon as that silver rock in the night sky would make its appearance. For now though, I was content to walk leisurely through the calm, and in through the doors of a new eatery that had decided to dot its presence amidst the sprightly reputation of shops and restaurants that Asian Heritage Row is known for.

A club? A pub? A disco? No... Surprisingly enough, the new contender for attention here is a quaint little cafe called Bisou.

Now, those that know KL, will know that the cafe lifestyle is somewhat dim compared to where I come from. Me? I love cafes.... I'm a TOTAL cafe girl. Give me a good coffee and salad or gourmet sandwich anyday over fine dining or a club/pub. You will more likely find me chilling out in a character filled cafe over some hearty food and a small group of friends, than at the latest buzzing night scene flooded by huge mobs of acquaintances and strangers alike.

So you see, to come from a city (I'm referring to Sydney) where it is just LOADED with top notch cafes, to this city (where anything asian, cheap, and fast dominates) where I've really had to dig for cafe gems (I'm still looking!), it was quite a pleaseant surprise to stumble upon this new joint at Asian Heritage Row. But the question remained - would it live up to what I was hoping it to provide my curious palate? Now, I'm not a food blogger - I blog about photos - but since this is a cafe, I can't help myself... I can't help but write AND photograph about it :)

So, this is what eventually travelled into my stomach in different portions:

- a bagel stuffed with salmon, capers, onions, and lemon juice (YUMM)
- some sort of eggplant bolognaise bake (it sounds really weird, but I tell you, it was heartily GOOD)
- potato and leek soup with thick toasted bread (this was my favourite)
- some of their trademark cupcakes (which was what attracted me to their joint in the first place!)

And of course, here are some photos:

The funky placemats!


My salmon bagel


The cute little box where they put your cupcakes if you are taking away :)

The peanut butter chocolate cupcake - mmmmm!! :)


The chocolate chocolate (yes, I deliberately typed that twice! haha) cupcake.


The nutella cupcake - this one looks so good, but I unfortunately didnt get the opportunity to eat it as I decided to give this one to a friend who also has a sweet tooth :)

Overall, I would say that Bisou deserves a second visit. Their food was hearty, fresh, and the customer service was great :) I highly recommend that peanut butter chocolate cupcake - it's TOTALLY worth the weight gain :p

And thanks to Mandy who graciously shouted lunch that day - all of you reading this space will meet her soon!

Til then! Ciao!


Tags:

0 comments: