Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, September 7, 2007

Love and thanks

Monday seemed like just a mere instant ago....where did all the time go? The tail-end of the week had just surfaced into view, and Friday was now blaring straight into my face.

It's unbelievable sometimes, how velociously time can scream right past us before we even realize how far it has run off to. It's like God had given her cheetah-like legs to take flight, off into oblivion.

You must forgive me if the recipe in my words today, have been carelessly neglected a good dose of eloquence.. you see, over the past few days I've been visited by a stomach bug, been on the day's special menu for a few leeches, and the adrenalin fueling my activities over the course of the week has now graciously moved aside to the pityful deposits I've made lately into my sleepbank account. Oh yes, I am tired.

But I'm resolved to not let all that paint black marks on how I feel. So, I'm going to take a time-out to reflect over the things I am thankful for these last couple of weeks, and things that I love. Because I missed last week, there is a double helping to this course! :)

6 things I just LOVE this week:

- backlighting (I've realized that there's no need to ALWAYS get that 'perfect exposure' anymore! Who cares? Shoot with the sun piercing from behind! I found some lovely results which I'll share soon!)

- Roti canai (this stuff is probably the most sinful on the malaysian culinary delights menu, but I tell you - its SO good. Blend your eating experience of it with some quality daal sauce and the flavour just melts on your tongue. I've had it twice this week :p I suspect cholesterol levels are on the rise!)

- McDonalds Chicken nuggets (they really do have an uncanny way to cheer my stomach up! lol, and those that know me know that there are 4 things that I can never say no to whether I am feeling happy or sad, hungry or full - McDonalds chicken nuggets is a definite keeper, and so are french fries, salt-and-vinegar chips, and BBQ'd chicken wings - YUMM!)

- Fridges that eliminate humidity (I'm sorry, I don't know what they are called - I told you eloquence wouldn't be my friend today. Anyway, thank you Ju for so patiently looking after my cameras, lenses, and other gear with that fridge. I know my tiredness translated to a disgruntled Jen for a period, but I want to say that it did not go unnoticed, and though it did not appear to seem so, I really did appreciate the care :) )

- Unexpected messages of praise (I am not an attention seeker in regards to my work and what I do, however its hard not to be excited and warmed within when those occasional messages float into my day supporting and/or appreciating work that has been done. Lots of love to any of you who have been kind enough to express such sentiments. You don't know how much it means to me :) It's people like you that make it ALL worthwhile, and fuel the want to keep going!)

- Home by Deb Fung (this song is just amazing. As a Christian, her words really pricked at my heart and it gave me goosebumps - in a good way!! - when I heard this live performance online. If you have time, seek it out and have a listen. It has to be one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in a long time... well worth it, I promise! Oh, and plus side - not only is she Christian, and has this remarkable crystal-clear voice, but she is also an Aussie!!! :D)



6 things I am thankful for this week:
- challenges (they make one stronger)

- mistakes (they make one wiser)

- grace (sometimes when things cannot get you down more, life, people, God or all of the three have a funny way to show you that there is still good in this world..that there is One who is always looking out for us, even when hurdles are thrown our way)

- sunny weather (we have been so deeply deprived of good, dry, luminous weather so I really praise God for his provision to us down here on this humble little patch of land in letting us bask under it after a long period of rain)

- time (Time to breathe, time to eat, time to sleep, time to reflect, time with people, time to stop. When you have so little time, you really realize how important it becomes when you can grasp it in your hands. I'm thankful I've had some time this week to just stop. It was as fleeting as that rare summer breeze that comes and goes in a sweltering unyeilding heatwave, but its visit was incredibly welcomed, and I await for its sooner rather than later return)

- God (in everything I do, and whatever that happens, especially the bad - I realize how much I love my heavenly father. This week has not exactly been stellar in the scale of things, but I really praise Him so much for pulling me through and enveloping me with His peace that truly surpasses all things. Thank you for your strength and Fatherly hand - I can stand firm because your fingers are my gravity...

Tags:

0 comments: