Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Tuesday, July 17, 2007

An update

I was told recently that I should update this blog more often (:p) - so here is my attempt to listen to a fellow photographer and appease you lot out there. I normally don't blog about what I have been up to in between shoots... ie. I would only blog about the job once it's been finished AND the images have been processed, so this is a break from the norm for me!

Anyhow, just to inform you that the girl behind the lens has not been slack! In between 3 or 4 hour sleep nights, processing images, design albums and wedding invitations, I really have been working my behind off the last month or so. I get a teeny weeny break as of next month, before the photography season for me kicks in again in September!! It will be packed and full-on busy, but Im seriously looking forward to it!!! Thank God for his wonderful provision.

Anyway, back to the point - what have I been up to?

Well, I shot a friend's wedding just over a week ago. She and her husband were my 7-7-7 couple!! Because they were my 777 couple, I'm gonna put up a teaser feature in the next day or so to give you lot a sneak preview of their wedding photos before the main feature of their wedding is put up on this blog :) Congratulations Wynn and Jocelynn!!! I'm so happy for the both of you :D Here is a preview to the preview!

I've also got some travel photography to show you all too! Particularly from Sydney and Bangkok. Some of my favourite shots were from Bangkok - WOW, its seriously like visual candy for us photographers. Well, for photographers who like the run-down decayed, dirty-urban kind of look, Bangkok is amazing. Think abandoned warehouses, buildings dilapidated to the point where you just see the bare skeletal brick structure, burnt houses, rustic train tracks, and so on!! I saw so much and just didn't have enough time to get everything on my camera (don't you just hate it when that happens?) I really want to go back there!! If you don't know already, Im a huge fan of the metropolitan (ie. city life!!) - and even more so if it's full of run-down character. I'm glad Sydney has some level of such areas too - but I will have to wait until my next hop down under before going all vernacular and urban with my photography again. Anyway, here is a preview to the bangkok entry - a lady I saw at the river market:

Speaking of dirty urban - we found some really awesome places in KL over the weekend, thanks to Ian Chong (who also allowed us to shoot at this amazing house - I'll post up the photos and the lowdown on this shoot once the whole thing is wrapped up). We really appreciated your time and generosity in showing us some of these secret spots in KL!! I'm loving it every time I either discover/got introduced to new parts of this Asian city - really makes me feel like I'm exploring this city - AT LAST! Here is a preview/behind the scenes shot (Xianjin, who was our 2nd shooter on the day was game enough to do some crazy death-defying [ok, im exaggerating the death-defying bit, but he really did take risks!] roof hopping to get some shots):

I also recently shot my first 'fully-chinese' wedding :) This was cool because I'm Australian-Malaysian which means that chinese customs are very new to me! It was quite a challenge and at the same time, quite an eye-opening experience to witness all the traditions and customs that come along with such a cultural wedding. Again, I'll post these images up soon! For now, here is a preview:

Alright, I would love to yabber on (that is Australian slang for 'talk incessantly') but I have mounds of work awaiting and the longer I stay in front of this blog, the longer it will be before I have to show more photos!

0 comments: