Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, July 6, 2007

Question

I have noticed on an increasingly intense level, that the majority of photographers here in Malaysia are male!

Ok, there is definitely nothing wrong with that, but I am wondering where are the female photographers? And in particular, where are the female WEDDING photographers? After speaking to several other photographers and people I know, it seems like I may be a sole swimmer in the industry here (speaking here about the wedding side of photographer here in Malaysia)? Please tell me I may be wrong?

I guess I find it strange, mainly because I come from Australia where there are many female photographers in the industry (all of whom are just SO phenomenally talented) and its been so great to be inspired by them, and learn from them. Plus the fact that I've been raised in an Australian/western design background where there were MANY females surrounding me in the creative field...

So again I ask, where are the females in this industry here? And, is the fact that I am female, bait, for others to see me (and other female photographers here in this country) as less competent? less talented?

0 comments: