Friday, July 6, 2007
Question
I have noticed on an increasingly intense level, that the majority of photographers here in Malaysia are male!
Ok, there is definitely nothing wrong with that, but I am wondering where are the female photographers? And in particular, where are the female WEDDING photographers? After speaking to several other photographers and people I know, it seems like I may be a sole swimmer in the industry here (speaking here about the wedding side of photographer here in Malaysia)? Please tell me I may be wrong?
I guess I find it strange, mainly because I come from Australia where there are many female photographers in the industry (all of whom are just SO phenomenally talented) and its been so great to be inspired by them, and learn from them. Plus the fact that I've been raised in an Australian/western design background where there were MANY females surrounding me in the creative field...
So again I ask, where are the females in this industry here? And, is the fact that I am female, bait, for others to see me (and other female photographers here in this country) as less competent? less talented?
Ok, there is definitely nothing wrong with that, but I am wondering where are the female photographers? And in particular, where are the female WEDDING photographers? After speaking to several other photographers and people I know, it seems like I may be a sole swimmer in the industry here (speaking here about the wedding side of photographer here in Malaysia)? Please tell me I may be wrong?
I guess I find it strange, mainly because I come from Australia where there are many female photographers in the industry (all of whom are just SO phenomenally talented) and its been so great to be inspired by them, and learn from them. Plus the fact that I've been raised in an Australian/western design background where there were MANY females surrounding me in the creative field...
So again I ask, where are the females in this industry here? And, is the fact that I am female, bait, for others to see me (and other female photographers here in this country) as less competent? less talented?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Weddings

0 comments:
Post a Comment