Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fashion Stuff: In The Studio


It is always a refreshing change to be able to work outside the realms of wedding photography. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job :) However, as an artist, it becomes somewhat of a need, like a breath of fresh air, to take photos for creativity's sake. And also prove to ourselves that we aren't just a one trick pony :)

So when chatting to good friend, and photographer Trish, to just get together and rock it out and play in the studio with off camera lighting (instead of natural light which you mainly see on this blogspace), so that we'd be able to style the shoot from beginning to end in terms of lighting, attire, and hair/make up, I couldn't be more excited!!

Here are some of my favourites from the first half of our shoot! It has an edgy fashion flavour to it :D

Models: Nicola, and Kayla Heathecote
Hair/makeup: Nicola Burford (who did an AMAZING job. Did she have a vision or what! She does bridal makeup too!)
Clothing: Sarah Phillips (who is an incredibly talented Aussie designer!!)









































































Thank you so much Trish for your time with this shoot! All the running around you did, so much of this wouldn't have been possible without your magic hands! :D

Stay tuned for part 2 which has a completely different look!! :D



12 comments:

hyperhex.com said...

like your creative lighting setups :)

j e s s said...

is it just me or are the links of the pictures broken?

Mary Anne Morgan said...

no pictures here either...

eric said...

fab lighting!

Jenny Sun said...

@jess + maryanne: the pics should all be showing now!! :D thank u for bearing with my servers transgressions! :D

Suzaidee said...

Wow...another masterpiece from you...Great :)

Anh said...

LOve the lighting on No 16 of the two girls. Awesome shoot!
So disappointed that i won't get to meet you in person at J* Workshop. I'm in group 2.

senorita said...

VERY NICE! Awesome models too!

Alexandra said...

Wow these are sooo cool!

connieMchung said...

beautifuL! :)

Deyla Huss Photography said...

These are awesome Jenny! love the post processing and the feel of the shoot, The models are fab and YOU are fabulous!!!

Kristi Wright said...

jeez, can you please come to Texas and teach me how to light like this?