Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bridal Shoot: Nicola and Kayla


As promised here is part 2 of that studio shoot that was put up last week with Trish :D

And as mentioned before, this part of the shoot is completely different to the first part :) We got to play bridal and wedding this round, with an aim to achieve a very romantic rustic feel running across all the images.

This has been a long awaited collaboration with a team that I really respect! :D It is always a pleasure to do a shoot that features a gown from my amazing gown partners here in KL, Malaysia - the fabulous team from Pretty In White. Showcasing 2 pieces from their new Celestial Collection, their beautiful gowns really added a soft modern touch, to the romantic, vintage look I just adore and could shoot forever if I could! Seriously....Brides, if you are looking for something unique, with a soft feminine couture finish to your dresses, you have to check out this line!! I love it to bits, and when you see the whole collection, you will understand why we at Jenny Sun Photography love working with Pretty In White and why we love sending our brides to their door! :D

Anyhow, this session personally for myself was to experiment with styling and to show brides how important their decisions are when it comes to picking pieces for their photo session. How picking quality and fabulous designs from the flowers, to the shoes, to the hair and makeup, the dresses, and location choice and how they all FIT IN TOGETHER can make an amazing difference to your photos. I can't stress that enough. People often think that all they need is just an awesome location, and some nice attire and throw in everything else, but I want to show you that if you think hard about each an every visual aspect of your shoot, and envision how each will compliment each other in your session, I can guarantee you, your photos will have that extra touch of wow. For this session, every single styling choice and decision in this shoot was very deliberate and thought out according to my philosophy above.

For those raising an eyebrow, I can testify personally that all my favourite shoots I have ever done, have not just had a fantabulous and fun couple (that is a must! haha!), but a couple who really thought about every little thing they were bringing/wearing to their shoot (as well as what to exclude - this is just as important because overdoing it can kill your images too!). And I'm not just talking about getting any pretty thing you like, but to really consider how their final images wanted to look according to an idea or theme, and have everything else tie in with that - props, dresses/clothes, shoes, accessories, hair/makeup, and even the location. So do listen to your photographer and vendors when they are giving you advice! We just want the best for you :) So do ponder over that for your wedding and pre-wedding sessions with us! :D My motto is always quality over quantity and less is more :D

Anyhow, onto the fun part of this session! The photos!! :) We were supposed to play in the vineyards that afternoon, but it TORRENTIALLY rained out, so Trish and I decided to improvise :) Here is what we got instead at the gorgeous Cedar Creek Cottages :)

I want to start with the film shots I took - they were super fun because I didn't have to edit them! That is the great thing about film. Shoot, develop, and voila! Its all done :) Enjoy them, they are straight out of camera, except for the border :) I just adore how film has this glowy softness, and total organic nature to it without even trying :)

Fun fact: the film shots were all taken with a camera as basic and equivalent to the canon 350D ;)





Kayla's dress (the lovely brunette you see!): A sheer beaded top, ballerina style dress made with layers of soft tulle with floaty organza ruffles for detachable train.

Nicola's dress (the pretty blonde in this session!): is all about ruffles, ruffles, ruffles...it is a sweet romantic number with pressure fold pleating for a dramatic back and crumb-catcher bodice.





Huge thanks goes to Nicola Burdford who did the hair and makeup for this, and gave the girls a really amazing couture look that was soft and romantic, yet still retaining something unqiue and different for that fashion twist.











And now onto the digital set! :) Going along with a very soft, romantic, vintage feel, I've decided to process this set mostly in a certain way you see below :)

Big shoutout to the talented Yeng who did these gorgeous gorgeous floral designs to complement the session! :D









Seriously, how AMAZING is this train??! I love how its so detailed and embellished, yet still so elegant!













































Anyhow, don't think that is the last you will see of these types of shoots!!
There's more coming and I promise they are just as fun :D

Have a beautiful weekend ahead everyone!! :D




14 comments:

Jillian said...

love it :)

梁呀人 said...

Nice!!

Mary Anne Morgan said...

Jenny,
This is fantastic. I wanna be like you when I grow up:)

Collin said...

Very inspiring shots. Beautiful location. Cheers!

melanie Kellermann said...

wow how gorgeous!!!! Lovely work!!!

Flowers said...

I must appreciate each and every picture of Bridal shoot. They looks awesome. Picture of wedding flowers look great.

Linda Truong said...

I love the images Jen!! Love the location, love the dresses, styling, flowers, everything!! AHH-MAYYY-ZING!!!

Anonymous said...

Geez Jenny, so beautiful. Where the heck do you find all these beautiful locations. Really! Did you build the rustic cabin with the beautiful window in the middle of the lush green jungle/forest??? I live in Oregon and it is beautiful here but you find the crazy beautilfulest (ha, not a word I don't think) buildings. I love the pictures. I am coming to San Fran to hang with you. To you have exact dates yet?

Amanda

Tonya Peterson Photography said...

Absolutely FAB!!!

Tim Halberg said...

beautiful imagery, well lit, fun dresses, great models!

Alexandra said...

Wow these are so fantastic and so inspiring. Great job to everyone working on this shoot! Beautiful :)

Miss Columbia Heights said...

I'm literally gasping!!!! I love those dresses, the locations, the models, and the bouquets! I'm so inspired :-)

THANK YOU!

3D ArchVis said...

Awesome photographs once again. Lovely poses. And great light.

Can't stop looking at the photographs so inspiring. 1 20 am :P

Sidd Rishi said...

Some beautiful photos in here :)