Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, October 6, 2008

Thank You


My life is comprised of alot of things that make it tick, run, and function. But there is none more important than the people that do all the little things, the things that often go unnoticed to all of you out there... they do these things, so that I may do the big things... the things you all get to see on this blog, my website, those things.

These past few weeks have been incredible. I have been so busy. You know, those days that look like this: meeting 4 or 5 sets of different people in the span of a few hours. Shooting 6 out of 7 days. Travelling from west, to city center, to south, and then back up north of Sydney in one entire day. Shooting on Saturday in Sydney, flying to Melbourne the next day, and then flying back to Sydney that very same day. Getting emails in the 3 digit count. And then replying back to each and every one of them personally. Did I tell you its been busy? ;)

Believe me when I say I have loved every minute of it. But I have to admit, it does leave one completely wiped. I am usually the type of person who takes quite some time to fall asleep... so while the husband zones out almost immediately, I tend to sit there letting my eyes tick and tock left and right until I tire out. However, my body has been singing a totally different tune of late... these days when my head meets the pillow, I don't even remember a second where I have had time to let my mind wander or waste... I have been able to shut off and sleep immediately (and possibly snore! who knows? haha!! I caught myself falling asleep on the couch the other day, and awoke in a startle to a sharp noise - I realized later it was my own snore!!).

Anyhow, the point of this post is to thank those people who have really looked after me the last few weeks. To my mum and dad... who tirelessly wash my clothes, wipe my shoes after I dirty them on shoots, who have made sure I always eat whether its leaving me a plate of food if I am late home from work or packing it so I have lunch on the go. To my sister who provided my daily dose of laughter and sharing time chilling out in front of the TV with me. And lastly to my husband... who has been looking after the cats, and making sure our house is clean so I wouldn't have to do the picking up after long days of shooting, without complaint. I felt incredibly ministered to when I walked into the door last night and found every single nook and cranny of our place completely spotless. SPOTLESS. I know I should be doing these things, so thank you.

Its acts of service like that, that mean the world. No, really. All of you deserve so much more than I give back to you.

So when I say that these people do the little things, so that I can do the big. I really should be saying, these people do the big things, so that I may finish the small. In reality, I believe these people are doing the real work.

Thank you for taking care of me, and putting up with my long hours, and sometimes lack of domestic care. I hope one day I can look after you as well as you have looked after me.

Thank You.

I'll end this post with another photo that made my heart smile. Its from a very recent engagement session I shot. I'll introduce this awesome couple soon!! Posts coming right round the corner!!


7 comments:

triShie said...

i love how you love God, your family and your art. it's inspiring! :)

Perry R. Lim said...

Your photos are always inspiring. I love how you capture the nuances of their character.

Joanna said...

the flare is amazing!

joshua k said...

God is so good :)

Fishy Ash said...

Jenny!! Keep up the good work! You ROCK!! I love you. ;)

Daniella Marsden said...

So refreshing! Thanks for sharing, it's such a blessing to read!

Grace Tan said...

Thanks for the wonderful reminder to be always thankful for the little things in life...and for the larger ones, like the 'husband'. :) Looking forward to catching up with you when we both have the time!!