Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Friday, October 3, 2008

Burning the midnight oil


Okay, so that isn't exactly what I have been doing lately, but it has felt like I have been burning all the oil in my energy reserves for the last few weeks. There have been shoots almost every day, and travelling in between... this equation usually equals myself sprawled on my bed at night, completely zoned out.

So, if you have been curious as to why this normal chatty blogger has taken a somewhat hiatus from this spot on cyberspace, that is the reason why :)

The good news is, I have spent the last few days off from the manic of the new wedding season just hanging out with friends, family, shopping, and eating. To those who have shared those precious moments of relaxing spare time with me, I truly appreciated your presence and time! Favourite moments were loitering around shopping centres with my sister collecting shopping bags and buying her birthday present while stuffing caesar salad in our mouths in between, getting to see a friend/bride who's wedding I will sadly miss and chowing down on some yummy pork sandwiches and truffle oil eggs (I totally envied your dish char!!), and catching up with my future sister in law and having her introduce to me a wonderful family....

Speaking of which, this family I was introduced to was my first of 3 free shoots. I will blog in full about this session later on, but for now... I thought I'd share some photos that made my heart smile (I'll have to save my fave faves for the real post though!!). The session reminded me why I just love this job... its not the fame, or the money... its really about seeing the joy of love and life within a 35mm frame. I praise God I can do this, and to be allowed to give back to a family who so truly deserves some extra love, made my heart all soft and gooey on the inside :) I truly truly *heart* the feeling of making someone else happy with a captured smile. An unspoken moment. Joy.

Much love.

ps: Blog posts to resume next week! And there is ALOOOOOT to show, so stay tuned!! :D








5 comments:

joshua k said...

Welcome back Jenny :)

Linda Truong said...

Yay!! HEY THEY LOOK FAMILIAR!!!! THAT'S STEVE CHONG!! The asian pastor... Wowsers! You got to shoot them! And boy the shots look awesome!! The first one made me go... AWHHHH!! ^_^

I can't wait to see the rest.

char said...

awww he really looks like steve. good work (to you and b !) :)

youna said...

oh wow naomi and steve!! XD
nice! ive never seen their boy before :D

Bert said...

yay! =)
can't wait to see more!
it was fun to catch up with you! twice this visit! I feel spoilt! =P
xxxx