This applies to any of you who are serious about photography (particularly portraits and wedding photography) in Sydney and KL, Malaysia. If you are from anywhere outside of these cities, drop in your details anyway in case I ever shoot in your part of the world (as I tend to get assignments everywhere around the globe).
I'm currently looking for someone who can 2nd shoot with me on some of the assignments that I do... particularly weddings. The reason why I'm looking is mainly because the weddings are getting more frequent, and bigger as well and while I can cover weddings on my own, its often logistically less crazy when having two - plus is fun working with someone else around! :)
- 200% people friendly!
- 200% honest, genuine, and ultra helpful
- a really positive and energetic attitude
- has a good sense of humour (this is really helpful when situations/people dont always go according to plan)
- is serious about photography
- is serious about wedding/portraits photography in particular
- will NOT steal my clients (sorry peeps, I've heard of some horror stories of 2nd shooters who tag along with the main photographer only to use the photographer's networks and clients to get their own clients - this is a big no no no!!)
- is not a marketing/business/networking leecher (I know this sounds harsh, but I honestly cannot stand photographers who are apply just to find out my 'secrets' - not that I have any. I am looking for genuine people who are about learning AS WELL AS looking out for the wellbeing of JSP as a business and brand and person).
- has a willing to learn/open attitude
- is good at thinking on their toes
- creative with the camera + photography (DUH!!!)
- I'm also inclined (but not restricted to) canon users - this is mainly for technical reasons which I can share later if any of you ask. I have nothing against nikon i promise! :)
- you MUST be able to handle alot of stress. Not from me, but weddings are crazy and can be completely unpredictable. You need to be able to cope with things that do not go according to plan, and still produce great results!
- is 200% dedicated to the JSP team. I'm sorry, but I really don't want to pour my heart and soul in training, only to have to leave the team after just a mere few months. We NEED to be able to rely on you if we call you, and we love team members who stick around :)
- you NEED your own car!!
- bonus points if you are a girl! Because it means you get to TRAVEL with me to any outstation/international assignments I get booked in for! :D
Please bear in mind that this is a job-by-job (and not a permanent full time position) gig!
If you are interested, please email me at email@example.com with some form of 'resume' (gosh i hate that word! It sounds so formal and posh!! its basically a fancy way to say tell me about yourself, what photography you have done, experience, etc etc etc - you get the idea :p ) + porfolio/website of your work + tell me why you are interested or why you want to do gigs with me, and answer the following questions:
(1) Why do you want to work for Jenny Sun Photography?
(2) What gear do you use? Please list it all out.
(3) What do you think you could possibly add to the team? (think in terms of photos, business, and personality/attitude)
(4) How long would you be willing to be committed to the JSP team as a 2nd shooter on call?
Thank you!!! :D