Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, September 6, 2010

My Favourite things: Ruby & Willow Stationery


I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! I spent mine harbouring a very sore throat, and nursing a cold which I am trying my utmost best to keep at bay. But Since I am working to get on the mend, I thought I'd spent this monday morning brightening up your day with one of my favourite things - and it is something very pretty for all you brides out there! :)

You see, for years I used to be a graphic designer...which meant that things like fonts, colours, and paper ruled in my life. I lived and breathed the stuff. No, really. I kid you not. We used to stare, touch, and sniff the stuff! Sometimes for hours!

In fact, even to this day as a wedding photographer, while I may not practice the graphic design trade anymore I cannot shake off my love for all things beautiful in the font, colour, and paper department. Which means I LOVE stationery. So if I am staring intently and looking at your wedding invitations on your wedding day, you know it is just because I am admiring your wonderful style :)

Ruby & Willow, are one of my favourite stationery companies out there who do some of the most beautiful wedding invitations! They are a boutique stationery company based in New Zealand who have some of the prettiest set-out collections, as well as custom designs! I just adore how feminine, classy, and vintage chic their designs are! Have a look at some of them! :D













And as an extra treat (which I thought was soooo cool!!), the girls from Ruby & Willow put up this beautiful tag design called "Oiseau" (for your wedding favours) on their site, for free! :D

It's perfect for use on those little gifts your give away to your guests :)
You can download it in RED and GREEN for your use :)




If you want to check out more of Ruby & Willow's work, you can check out their:



Lastly, my beautiful blog readers and brides out there, don't think that design stops at just your wedding invitations! As a tip from an ex-designer now photographer, let me tell you that it benefits your photos greatly to carry the theme through your entire wedding in your:
- favour tags
- menu design
- place cards
- table number card/tag/sign
- seating plan design
- welcome signage
- your cake design (!!)
- and more! :)

The sky is the limit, and I can honestly say the better and more creative your imagination, and boldness to carry it through your wedding day, the better it will look in your wedding photos! :D Don't believe me? Remember Cindy and Rob's wedding? This is what they did and they got the most AMAZING photos! :D I promise you, brides, that the hard work and effort REALLY does pay off in your pictures :)









Much love from me this Monday morning! I'm off to nurse this cold of mine now!

xox



4 comments:

andychin said...

VERY PRETTY! *heart*

Asther said...

My cuzzie's getting married and I've fwd this blogpost to her to imspire her to decorate her wedding day! ;D

Amanda Marie said...

I love stationary. I just never write to anyone except on Face Book. Sad huh.....

Nadia said...

the prettiest thing ever! went to the website and i'm seriously considering ordering some for our wedding=) thanks jenny!!!!