Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Monday, October 5, 2009

Stuart and My-Linh: Engagement


I've often found that as I do my work and immerse myself in the job that I knead my hands through, my mind often stumbles upon thoughts about love and relationships. I have to admit, its a fond topic of mine. In my personal blog, I used to write consistently, persistently, on matters of the heart - what fascinated me, what hurt me, what enlightened me, and what humoured me about love. I stopped after awhile, because I kinda grew up and time felt pinched.

But these days, I get to write about it and think about it as part of what I do - something I consider to be an incredible blessing. Each and every couple I meet, throws a new coin into the thought-pool of contemplations I have about this great and beautiful enigma, allowing me to remember or learn or appreciate another layer about it.

Like this quote for instance. I love it because it's so true. "You ever heard the expression 'The best things in live are free.' Well that expression is true.' Every once in a while, people step up. They rise above themselves. Sometimes they surprise you, and sometimes they fall short. Life is funny sometimes. It can push pretty hard but if you look close enough, you can find hope in the words of children, in the bars of song, and in the eyes of someone you love. And if you're lucky, if you're the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back."

Sometimes when I am shooting, I see that delight in my couple's eyes. It's like this intangible glisten that just radiates. They know they've lucked out with one another. It really is a beautiful thing and I find it a complete joy to be able to capture in a frame. So when bubbles floated and gracefully danced higher and higher, illuminated by the honey golden rays that were permeating the air that day. Each carried a reflection..an almost frozen moment in time. I saw giggles, joy, and love in each circular shiny frame - they mirrored that delight.

Meet Stuart and My-Linh :)

Awesome couples bring the coolest little play things to our shoots :)












We chanced out and got the most gorgeous light to bask under that day.














I love the next two shots, because it reminded me so much of a show called Dawson's Creek that I loved watching as I grew up.








I have to admit, I haven't visited this charming pink little house in awhile, mainly because it is so overused by photographers these days, but when Stuart asked for it, I decided it would be fun to challenge myself to get something a little different with it :)




I love creative shots. The below isn't one. But I realized after talking to a photographer friend that beauty supercedes creativity almost all the time. And sometimes, beauty can be found in the simple. A smile, a raw burst of laughter. I truly believe when people are at their happiest, they are the most beautiful :) And it shows in photos :) Even the simple ones like below.











Thank you Stuart and My-Linh for your enthusiasm! I had an amazingly fantastic time having you both in front of my frame that day. Round 2 coming up!! And I can't wait to see you both again soon for it :D

Hope you all have a fabulous week ahead everyone!!


12 comments:

Alexandra said...

These are PERFECT photos . .. I love them! Beautiful work :)

Tiger Lily Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauren walker said...

just stunning

Joanna said...

oh pretty light! what a magical atmosphere :) simply stunning, jen!

Deyla Huss Photography said...

Beautiful! I aodre the bubbles, dont you love it when clients bring props!!! And I haveto say my fave is the second to the last, stunning!

Geoffrey Sinclair said...

These photos are fantastic Jenny, I especially love the ones in the forest, very good.

tammeegoreng said...

some really awesome great photos in there jenny!!! And i do love the dawson's creek one hehehe.... I went and bought the DVDs and have been watching and reminiscing them the past month :P
Still think Pacey is cute haha!

janine kaye said...

These are stunning Jenny..love your thoughts and they way to describe/share them..and I love your imagery! beautiful, creative and honest! just lovely! xxx

kay said...

OMG! one of the best i`ve seen jen!!!

Holli True said...

OMG Jenny!!! Wow is about all I can muster! These are amazing!! :) I am in love with every single shot you posted here!

Tina Smith Photography said...

WOW! I can't pick a favorite every shot is amazing, but I do love the bubbles. Great work.

Brandon Aguiar said...

Jenny - Your work never ceases to absolutely amaze me. You rocked this out. I am looking forward to you coming to the states!