Weddings Engagements Portraits Events Personal News Other Photography Photography Stuff Design Stuff Randoms!
My Website JSP Faqs World sunrise/ sunset times Time Zone converter World Clock Day/ Night world map




A big hi and hello to all of you out there! Thank you for stopping by Jenny Sun Photography's blog! This is my brand new blog space! So please make yourself at home, and have a good browse around. There is plenty more to come so check back often :) Just in case any of you are wondering who on earth I am, my name is Jenny Sun. I own a photography company that spans across Australia and Malaysia, particularly in the Sydney and Kuala Lumpur regions respectively. Though I'm not restricted to those areas! :) I love photographing just about anything under the sun, but my particular passion is for weddings and portraits - I seriously LOVE people, their stories, the beautiful relationships formed, and the tales that are told when that shutter goes off!

This blog is my personal and visual journey along this path of photography. Please hop on board the ride, comment along the way (I shamelessly love comments!), and lets see where the wind takes us :)




Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Loren and Josh: Wedding


He was 14, she was 12. In this day in age, the world would laugh and mock the idea that one would be able to find true love, your better half, your best friend, when you are still growing out of polka dot tops. Or smiling with your braces on. But in that awkward tween stage, when we are neither children or adults, sometimes cupid can surprise us. Josh saw Loren from across the room at the dance studio they took their ballroom classes at, and he instantly knew she was the one for him.

"He had competition though!" remarked one of the speakers at the reception. But in typical competitive Josh style, he competed, he proved, he danced, and he showed Loren that he was the better man. That he was worth her heart.

More than a decade later, they stood in front of their family and friends, and made a promise to love each other til the end of their days. And like Loren and Josh, it was a day filled with laughter, much classiness, a touch of looking back, and a whole lot of looking forward. Congratulations Loren and Josh! Thank you so much for entrusting me to capture your big day! I hope you are loving newly married life, with your lovely dogs. Don't forget to pull out those dancing shoes once in awhile - you both worked those feet incredibly that night :)

Here are my favourites from their wedding day:













Loren looked so stunning on the day, and we all joked that no one would be looking at Josh. He understands, but you can see why we made that statement!




I love this snap taken by Linda!


Here comes the bride!






I thought it was cute how Loren looked back at her guests, before she said her vows at St Marks, Darling Point.


Married!




This was a sweet moment. Loren was teary after the ceremony so here's one of her bridesmaids helping her dry up.


Lots of hugs and laughs :)








Then it was off to get some portraits taken.








The entourage.






Some yummy details, at Doltone House in the City, which is where Loren and Josh had their reception.






I took TONNES of frames of Loren and Josh's awesome choreographed dance. Here are just a few that showed how lively and talented these two are on the dance floor!










Some fun on the dance floor by the guests:






And of course, some fun with the rings! Take a guess where I put the rings for this shot :)




So sorry there isn't a slideshow with this post. My FTP server is down and misbehaving in a serious way, so I hope the above photos will do for now :)

Huge thanks to Linda and Vincy for assisting at this wedding. You both were awesome additions to the day :)

6 comments:

Linda Truong said...

LOL. Seems like I get a lot of props on photos of men walking ;) I love it! Awesome shots Jen. Man, they looked so gorgeous! :D Love the ring shot! It was in a bucket of ICE ICE BABY!

nattnee said...

nice work...love the dancing shots and the group one outside martin place...the bride is gorgeous!!

joshua k said...

Awesome shots! Love them all :)

Nicholas Leong said...

Excellent shots as usual. And you put their ring in a bucket of ice? :P

If you were to publish a book, I will definitely buy.

triShie said...

heh heh!!
the rings were in a glass of ice?

Jenny Sun said...

@ the ring shot:
Since I answered it on facebook, I thought I should post the answer here too! :)

haha... yeah it is ice. I grabbed a cup of ice from the bartender. Trust me, I will stick rings ANYWHERE :p I'm not a fan of the typical ring shots in the flowers (although I will take them if the venue lends itself to nothing else), and I get bored v v easily, so I play around with what I can get my hands on! This shot took alot of frames to get right... cos the ice kept melting and moving the rings! hahaha...